- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully pass screening/background check.
- Successful completion of pre-service training program.
- Attend a minimum of 12 in-service hours annually.
- Able to respect and relate to individuals from various backgrounds and cultures in a caring and sensitive manner.
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- Understands and is willing to commit to a two year volunteer position serving on a minimum of one (1) assigned case.
- Willing to accept supervision, training and evaluation from the professional staff.
- Able to provide own transportation.
- Must be a dedicated child advocate, willing to learn the best possible means to assure that the needs of the children in the Montgomery County juvenile system are being met.
The Montgomery County Juvenile Court CASA Program strives to provide four training opportunities each year for individuals to become volunteers. Trainings are currently held in the Juvenile Justice Center, with the exception of one session, which takes place at Montgomery County Job and Family Services, Children’s Services Division. Trainings are typically held on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6-9pm and Saturdays from 9 am-noon.
Please contact Jane Novick at 937.225.5492 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for training.